Let me say--I was assured it was safe--it was full of minerals--everyone had it in the whole town--and the people with wells even had it--unless they dug two wells and went really deep with one. They had that brown water for YEARS--generations even.
Some people did buy drinking water--but we didn't. A glass full did not have much noticeable color. But your white wash could get brown streaks.
It was very soft water-- it was great for soft hair and skin-- It was just hard to tell when all the soap was rinsed--no "squeaky" clean.
5 comments:
a whole pound! and now you can get it for free?! That's great!:)
I showed my Dad the picture of the water, and he started laughing and then said, "Oh, they must have lived in Mississippi." I guess I missed the memo on Mississippi's brown water, because I wouldn't have know where you lived if you wouldn't have said. Is that common knowledge?
It reminds me of 1st grade when my mom made green eggs and ham to eat while reading the Dr. Suess book. Of course they tasted normal, but because it was the wrong color, it seemed un-natural to eat them, and I couldn't force myself to do it! That is exactly the way I feel about the brown water, it just seems un-natural for it to be brown! :) But I do love that soft feeling of water like you were saying, a friend had a water purifier that did that to the bath water and I thought it was magnificent!
Ha--I guess many places in MS have brown water--unless it is treated somehow--That's funny your Dad knew right away.
When my children were little--I made green eggs and ham too!! Nobody wanted to eat it:)
Okay, I'm glad nobody wanted to eat your green eggs either. Now I don't feel as compulsively weird of a person...but in reality, I probably still am!
I just noticed that you now live in Uruguay. How is that going?
Post a Comment