Saturday, March 18, 2006

Blue is for Boys...

I was looking for a devotional book on Handel's Messiah--because it has a cd in it with the Hallelujah chorus and...--anyway--I found an envelope of pictures at the bottom on the cabinet I was looking into--poor photography--very poor--but the pictures were mostly from our years in Edwards,--Mississippi almost 20 years ago.

We lived in a manse--a parsonage--a church owned preacher house. We lived there for 5 years--at our first church Jason pastored. The second bathroom was a mess--as you see--but the deacons did fix it up before we left. I have mentioned to a few people about the water in Edwards--lots of lignite or iron or something--said to be safe (I drank it:) needed lots of clorox in white wash loads--Made your skin and hair really soft and slippery--hard to "feel" rinsed off. I have said--a bath tub full looked like ice tea--southern tea, strong--or maybe even coca cola.

Well--here it is--only a few inches deep in this bath--
This was the blue bathroom between our room and the boys bedroom. There was a bathroom with a lot of brown in it in the main hall--which Hannah--and later Linnea used. Hence--Jack's oft repeated observation..


"BLUE IS FOR BOYS---





BROWN IS FOR GIRLS"

I was always confused about the "brown", I always expected him to say "pink" but just a few years ago Hannah reminded me about the brown bathroom--that girl is so smart.









5 comments:

JLW said...

AUNT CINDY! THAT'S AWFUL! Even dirty rain water isn't that brown! I don't know how you ever drank it, that has to be one of the funniest/grossest things I've ever heard! :)

faith said...

oh ho. Mrs. Taylor. You make me laugh.
I have never heard about this water. Hmmm... interesting story. I have to agree with Mrs. Taylor that this water did make for beautiful Children. Especially, one of them in particular! Haha.

linnea said...

Jack was the most adorable little baby, ahhh!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

to this day my FAVE water....and i am a water snob!

grey rose (they/them) said...

to this day my FAVE water....and i am a water snob!