Sunday, May 3, 2009

ode to red

red was hot
red was cool

then red fell into a pool...of water.

now red Is dead.

i feel a fool.

boohoo

Yes--I think I may have ruined my sweet little juke phone
the phone that tied me by an ever so slender thread to "hipness" --

at least i FELT hip and cool.

And I just spent 25 buckos on a new more comfortable headset to listen to music on it. Rats.

Double Rats!!
Well my old phone is out and juiced up so at least I HAVE a PHONE--and the juke is drying out--I used a hairdryer for a bit but no go--


It was candy apple red like my camera and it was just a bit of self-expression that seemed to say--
"Hey This isn't just another jumper-clad homeschool mom(grandma)!"
better than getting a tattoo--that really would have said something--!!!???







6 comments:

linnea said...

Mama! I am so sad!! I still think you are hip and cool! With or without the phone!! I would offer you Ben's cool old video cell phone. But he already told Greg he could have it (Greg's phone just broke too!).

I love you! And this Christmas when we get new phones, we'll HAVE to get matching ones again. My phone is so sad not to be twins any more :-(

linnea said...

P.S. you were never and will never be a just a 'jumper clad homeschool mom!'. you could never be 1/4 as annoying as THOSE kind of women.



oops. did i just say that? ;-)

KristenAnne said...

oh booo! i'm sorry. that's always dissapointing. but i liked your little poem :)

Andy and Nancy said...

Nah! You don't wear the little short white socks with you sneakers like some of the jumper clad homeschool moms :-) So sad that your little phone took a bath. Better to use the hairdryer though. Brenda put their home phone ( not cell) into her still warm from baking oven to try to dry it out after it got left out in the rain. She then forgot it was in there and turned the oven on later to bake something. Soon the smell of baking plastic filled the air :-)

grey rose (they/them) said...

mama!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is TOO funny! I thought you were cool the minute I met you cuz you wore pants to the first Womens' luncheon and you had double ear piercings!(I AM shallow:-)

(I just want a phone that won't give me brain cancer)