Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mmmmm Good!


Linnea made a cherry pie this week--A great pie is only as good as the crust. Never could understand pie eaters who leave the crust behind...
--my mother could make tender, flaky, non-soggy crust like nobody's business.
I must say--this girl--Mrs. Ben Taylor--has inherited her grandma's talent for baking. The pie was wonderful--not a crumb left on my plate!
Magnifico!!!

5 comments:

ukrainiac said...

Way to go, Linnea!

Anonymous said...

Not all crusts are named Pillsbury?

Love homemade crusts too but can't make 'em-just like the filling:-)

I knew that girl was talented!

mae said...

Did I ever tell you about Christy flipping the pie crust like pizza dough???? Somehow tender and flaky and didn't really describe it. Linnea's looked delicious...good for her!!!!!!!!!!

Andy and Nancy said...

I agree about the pie crust! Using store bought is not an option here. I use the butter flavored Crisco. Andy loves our tradition of taking the crust "scraps" and springkling cinnamon sugar on them and baking them. My mother did that and now me. When Adam and Lauren are home they love to get that treat!

Cindy said...

me too!!! we do the scraps thing with cinnamon and sugar--the kids like it better than the pie sometimes!